Rue du Bac. These former barracks (the first in Paris occupied by the Musketeers) have been restored in the style of the 17th century with meticulous attention paid to the choice of materials. 206 sqm of exceptional living space on the fourth floor includes a spacious living/reception room featuring exposed beams, a separate equipped kitchen, and three suites.
Bright and luxuriously appointed.
Paris 7th District - Rue du Bac
La Halle Barbier was acquired by the young King Louis XIV in 1659 to lodge the « Mousquetaires Gris », the Royal Guard whose captain in 1667 was none other than the legendary d’Artagnan.
The Musketeers were to remain here in the first barracks in Paris until the dissolution of the guard by Louis XVI in 1775. The building was subsequently transformed into a market under the orders of the Marquis de Boulainvilliers in 1779. Sold in 1834, only the most ancient buildings was destroyed leaving a few vestiges which are visible in rue de Verneuil and rue du Bac.
The barracks are to be found on plans of the capital dating from 1760 and 1771.
The building benefits from old stone walls and beams, and is today still listed and classed as a building to « save and preserve ».
The ensemble has been restored in the style of the 17th century with meticulous attention paid to the choice of materials.
For more information or if you wish to be among the first to be informed about other possible acquisitions in this building, please contact the Daniel Féau Commercialisation team.
+33 (0)1 56 88 48 48
21, rue d'Artois 75008 Paris 8th France